BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, 7 December 2009

How does your music magazine represent particular social groups?

My magazine represents a social group that is people who aren’t interested in the mainstream music that is in production these days, they want to find music that has a meaning it also represents people who aren't stereotypical of Hip-Hop meaning that they are not interested in having expensive cars and gold chains e.t.c. I chose to represent this social group by not including any of these sterotypes in the images I have used on top of that I have represented this social group by the use of costume in my images. The social group that I have decided to represent also doesn't have any concerns with the race of people. I have shown this by choosing two artists that are black and white. The body language of the people in the imgages I chose to use suggests a social group who are relaxed and not that intereted in getting all A's at school through the poses that are given. Through the colours I've used I have represented a social group that doesn't stick to the norms as red and black aren't generally colours that are use in music magazines. Through the fonts that I have used I have represented a social group who is interested in graffiti as many of the fonts used on the front cover are done in a graffiti style.
My magazine represents youth as being ordinary people, not in the way that many newspapers represent them by showing them as 'thugs'. The reason behind this is because I don't think the way most of the media represents youth so I decided to show them in a different light.

0 comments: