BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, 7 December 2009

How did you attract/address the audience for your music production?

o:p>

To attract the type of audience I wanted to attract, first of all I chose a type of music that they would be interested in. This is mainly Hip-Hop but it is also up and coming alternative artists. I thought that theses genres of music would attract the target audience I wanted because I am included in the target audience and so are my friends and I know what type of music they are interested in. The target audience is mainly linked with the London youth culture but only certain types of social groups will be interested in buying the music magazine. Next I decided how would my masthead reflect the target audience and attract them to read the magazine. To do this I chose to use a graffiti style masthead because Hip-Hop and graffiti go together and the audience I have chosen to appeal to are interested in graffiti. Also, to attract my target audience I decided not to keep to conventions of most music magazines, which is to have a very bright and colourful front cover. My front over includes mainly dark red and black, the reason being that the lyrics in U.K. Hip-Hop are usually quite dark, certainly not cheerful so my front cover reflects the lyrics of the music which will in turn attract the type of audience I want. On top of this the lure attracts the target audience as they will be interested to know what albums are out and how good they are. The fact that I have included as chance to win a mixtape of my main feature also attracts a target audience because they may not have it or they may not have heard any of their material and are interested on if they are good or not. The main image attracts a target audience because it is quite personal being as it is set in someone's house, so this means the audience can aspire to being an artist, it helps them realise that they can do it if they want to. Through the use of the language I think I attracted an audience as they are people who are annoyed about how many Hip-Hop magazines use many puns e.t.c. in a way that makes them feel that Hip-Hop is a genre for maybe the less intelligent but my magazine uses quite formal language mixed with slang which hopefully allows them to think that I respect the people reading the magazine.  

0 comments: